[TowerTalk] Crimp tool for cable ends

Dan Evans dan.evans at insightbb.com
Tue Dec 28 16:52:06 PST 2010

I am considering taking the plunge and buying my first crimp tool to
install coax connectors.  Currently I solder all of my connectors, but
this is a slow process and from what I have read crimp connections are
now just as good, if not better.

I normally use LMR400, RG8, or RG8X cable, and I will be installing
PL-259's and N connectors.

Can you recommend a good set of affordable crimpers?  If you were buying
a set for your station, what would you buy?

Thanks,

73
Dan
--
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at: