[TowerTalk] Non-sagging antenna elements

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Thu Dec 30 09:02:54 PST 2010

On 12/30/2010 11:25 AM, Tod - ID wrote:

> Since we have a number of skilled EZNEC model makers on this reflector,
> perhaps one of them could do a small amount of modeling and help us
> understand just how much of a penalty we pay when our antennas 'sag' from
> end to end?

I am sure I could model this with NEC.

However, I don't think trying that is even worthwhile, because
I suspect the pattern distortion from having the wire sag will
be negligible compared to the pattern distortion caused by:
- the feedline
- nearby structures (house, towers)
- other nearby antennas
- unevenness in the conductivity of the ground
- slope of the ground
- trees and other vaguely conductive items

Some things are not worth worrying about because you cannot
change them.  Other things are not worth worrying about because
their influence is probably negligable compared to the things
you cannot change.

--
All rights reversed.