[TowerTalk] Using aluminum wire (or aluminum clad) - for buried radials?

Clint Talmadge W5CPT w5cpt at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 30 16:53:46 PST 2010

I tried it. It is springy enough that where my yard has dips it pulled out
of the shallow cuts I made. That exposed them to the deer who stepped on
them and broke them.  Then I ran over the exposed ends with the mower and
pulled some out with rather spectacular results to the spindle of the mower
deck and bits of Kentucky clay flying up into the air.

All my new radials are copper.

Clint Talmadge – W5CPT