[TowerTalk] Crimp tool for cable ends

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Fri Dec 31 06:54:22 PST 2010

Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 21:04:08 -0500
From: Dan Evans <dan.evans at insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp tool for cable ends
To: towertalk at contesting.com

Thanks for all of the tips!

I haven't decided if I will take the plunge myself, or try to persuade
the club to purchase one.  It may be a bit difficult to get it through
the OF network of the club...

Thanks again,

73
Dan

##  I got my crimp tool  from Steve Davis  @  Davis RF,   The one crimp tool
handles  both  RG-393 and  RG-213.  It also came with a smaller die  for smaller coax.
With the addition of  a bigger die... it will also handle  LMR-600. That  will do 98%  of what
most hams want.  [ he also has the 7-16 dins  for the 7/8 +  1.25" RFS  heliax etc].

##  I recently bought 200' roll  of  RG-393  from Davis RF and dozens of 7-16  crimp
style male connector's.  RG-393  [and also RG-214] both have double braids..which are a
bitch to install with regular clamp style connectors.  Both braids have to be combed out..which
is a pita.  After going around in circles  for 2 x weeks,  I contacted Steve.. who put the entire
package together for me..fast.... including the  coax, connector's  and crimping tool, etc. His
prices  were the best bar none...and it was well packed.

later... Jim   VE7RF