[TowerTalk] Guying a tower....Heresy to follow..... True statement!

brahmangou at aol.com brahmangou at aol.com
Sat Jan 16 19:39:17 PST 2010

In a message dated 1/16/2010 9:04:59 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jperalta4 at verizon.net writes:

Anecdote  is a single occurrence.  15 is approaching empirical evidence.  I
just think the engineers and lawyers at Rohn went to the utmost lengths to
protect their own buts. I would too if I owned the company. They had little
or  no concerns about the costs associated with installing their towers as
long as  the recommendations did not increase production costs. It also
absolves them  from a ton of liability problems if a tower comes down that was
constructed  with anything less than their recommendations. Keeping the price
down on the  tower sections insures they keep the market share for radio
and tv antenna  usage. I suppose that is why I've never seen a homeowner with
a US Tower for  his tv antenna, Rohn is way cheaper.
Another anecdote, the local water company has a rusty old tower that  has
to be 50 years old, Rohn 25. Probably been through 10 or more hurricanes.
Ike broke the guy wire on one side a year and a half ago, tower is still up,
leaning a bit, but still standing. Kind of reminds me of Tex  Cobb.