[TowerTalk] Kurt's Analysis

Wilson Lamb infomet at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 16 17:05:45 PST 2010

WOW, kurt should get e big prize and cheers from all of us!
This reminds me of the stuff I used to see when I worked next to a group of
first class FEA people analyzing far more complicated structures.
I am humbled by his work and results.  I never thought that much bending
could get around the guys to the base!  But I certainly like the tapered
base.  I work around them often at little radio stations.  I have been
thinking that the lower guys did little, but they are sure important, at
least in these extreme load cases.

It would be nice to see a run with 60-70 mi/hr wind, 70' of 25G, near a
house and woods, which is my scenario.  But I expect one of these sets is
worth a few $K, so I don't expect to see it!  Presumably a bracket would
freeze the bending at the bracket and raise the point of max bending and
reduce it a bit.

Thanks Kurt for posting this!!
WL