[TowerTalk] [RFI] WAY OT

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jan 18 16:33:47 PST 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:14:08 -0600, Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield wrote:

>I guess I will reply to the group.  If I had a vet I would go with one of
>these solutions.

That reminds me of an even better solution. Lakeview, the folks who make
the original "Ham Stick" HF antennas, make a very nice license plate mount
that gives a bracket for mounting the base for one of their HF antennas. I
used it quite successfully with Ham Sticks on 40-15M on my Volvo S80
(since sold). On the Volvo, I had to bond between the license plate mount
and the trunk, and also across the trunk hinges.

One of the fairly long, high-gain 2M/440 antennas would probably work
fairly well on that mount. Depending on where the license plate is, you
may need bonding or even some form of metal to form a reference plane.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC