[TowerTalk] LP v SteppIR

Julio Peralta jperalta4 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 22 05:21:43 PST 2010

I live in Florida 10 miles from what is considered the centered of the place
in North America where the most lighting occurs. I've had a 4 elem Steppir
up for 4 plus years with no problems. I also follow the Steppir e-mail list
and while I've heard of a few control boxes being damaged by lighting I
don't recall hearing of motors being damaged by lighting. I think the
concern of lighting damage to the motors IN THE AIR is much over rated.

Julio, W4HY