[TowerTalk] LP v SteppIR

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 22 20:16:59 PST 2010

Doug Turnbull wrote:
> How does one stack two log periodic antennas which operate over such a wide
> range of frequencies?   I thought the stacking distance was dependent on the
> frequency.   Now if one is using them so that one can take advantage of
> signals arriving at different angles that is a different consideration.

If you have a time delay between the two antennas (as opposed to a phase
shift), then the time delay sets the angle, frequency independent. Since
most folks use a hunk o' coax for the phasing, then you're good to go.

If you're using phase reversing (e.g. in phase, out of phase) then it
doesn't work as well.