[TowerTalk] lp V stepIR

Scott McClements kc2pih at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 14:56:08 PST 2010

So you are lengthening the boom length to 20 feet. I thought the
discussion was comparing a Tennadyne T8 to a 3 element Steppir. Does
the Tennadyne T8 use a parasitic director for 10 meters?  Sure, if we
just allows things to get "just a little bit longer" we can start to
get better performance from the LPDA. But the 3 element SteppIR  is
sitting on a 16 foot boom.   I wouldn't argue a T10 or T12 is closer
to the performance of the 3 element SteppIR, but that wasn't what was
originally stated.

-Scott, WU2X