[TowerTalk] screwdriver ant vs 75m dipole at 40"

Al Williams alwilliams at olywa.net
Fri Jul 2 14:25:09 PDT 2010

Last evening a couple guys ran a test of signal strength of the two antennas with several stations separated from 10 to 200 miles apart.  The dipole was about 2 s units stronger at all locations.

I suggested that the screwdriver be laid over horizontally to then compare to the dipole.  Alas, I forgot that a low horizontal antenna suiffers efficiency so that laying the screwdriver over at its typical mounting height may not be a valid comparison?

They plan to run the test again tonight but with the screwdriver horizontal  but at what height I don't know.

comments?

k7puc