[TowerTalk] screwdriver ant vs 75m dipole at 40"

n8de at thepoint.net n8de at thepoint.net
Fri Jul 2 14:45:45 PDT 2010

The dipole is at 40 INCHES height?

If you're comparing a dipole at 40-FEET above ground with a
mobile-type antenna, the Dipole will surely be more efficient for all
intents and purposes.

Remember, the angle of radiation is what is important ... a vertical
will radiate most energy BELOW 50 degrees while a LOW dipole will
radiate MOST of its energy 'straight up'.

73
Don
N8DE