[TowerTalk] FW: airline travel with antenna(s) in a golf bag,

Frosty frosty1 at pdq.net
Tue Jul 13 06:23:46 PDT 2010

One can also use PVC pipe as we have done going to YN land. The main thing
is to use something that keeps the tubing from being bent up. If you have
ever looked out the window and watched the guys throw the bags on the belt
going into the airplane. That is why that the rig or amp should be in your
carry-on bags. Also the belts that take the bags from the check in to the
is to find a friend that works for a airline or for FedEx and have them ship
it for you as they get a discount. Remember on the arrival side both there
and back at home DON'T TELL IF THEY DON'T ASK. Most places where we hams go
are also tourist spots and they want you there to spend money and they are
use to big bags. They most likely just wave you through customs if there is
anyone there at all. I have been through customs in Africa where no one is
there asking any questions and also in Europe. Go through the Nothing to
Declare door.

Charles F. Frost
Frosty
frosty1 at pdq.net