[TowerTalk] Plumbing a Towerl

Mark Robinson markrob at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 26 17:19:54 PDT 2010

I will be hooking up my first set of guys on my Rohn 45 tower tomorrow. When
I get the rest of the tower up (86 feet) and the second set of guys hooked,
I imagine that I will have to check the plumb of the tower as well as
setting the guy wire tension. How do people check the plumb. I could drop a
line down the middle of the tower from the top to the bottom and check the
distance from this line to the legs but I have had trouble in the past with
the wind blowing a plumb line like that.

Any advice and descriptions of the methods that other people have used would
be appreciated

73 Mark N1UK