[TowerTalk] cutting galvanized tower legs

Brahmangou at aol.com Brahmangou at aol.com
Sat Jul 31 19:48:53 PDT 2010

On A tower leg in tension, an angle grinder or circular saw would be  about
the most dangerous tools available for the job. Both are unstable and tend
to hard to control. They have a very dangerous tendency to jump in the
direction  opposite the rotation. On the angle grinder, the grinding disks are
prone to  catastrophic failure if pinched between the cut edges. I don't
think I need to  mention the flying shards of metal from cutting metal with a
circular saw.
Grinders are for grinding.
Circular saws are for wood.
Reciprocating saws are for trashing about anything safely.
Marty