[TowerTalk] CDE Rotor meter not operational

Brad Pioveson W9FX w9fx at verizon.net
Sat Jun 12 13:40:32 PDT 2010

The Zener is a 1N4743.  The other is a garden variety silicon diode.  A
1N4006 will have a ton of current handling headroom.

As to the BD-189, I'll have to dig out some of my literature.  The info that
came with those boards did not apply to the older, hand-wired control units
and I'm guessing that the preceding owner got spooked and decided to let it
go rather than transpose the connection points from the instructions, which
referred to colored wires and PC board traces that would be found in the
newer control units.

73

Brad, W9FX