[TowerTalk] Beacon Interference

R. David Eagle kb8nnu at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 05:10:08 PST 2010

Hello all....

It seems in the last few weeks I have been getting some type of beacon interference that splatters the whole 17M band.  I thought this could have been a transmitter going bad over at the airport that's near me, but the CW doesn't even line up to what they are sending.  The outer marker beacon sends TV which is what the interference starts to send but then it ends with a 0 or V.   It almost sounds like it's sending TV0M.

Any ideas on what this may be or how to track it down?

Thank,

Dave
KB8NNU