[TowerTalk] HAWKS AND OTHER BIRDS ON TOWERS

Tony Brock-Fisher barockteer at aol.com
Sat Mar 13 06:05:01 PST 2010

What's the problem? Every morning this week I've woken up to see a Red-Tailed Hawk sitting on my KT-36XA driven element. He sits there until he spots his breakfast - then he swoops down and reduces the mouse population. Other than some bird crap on the top plate, I don't see the harm in letting 'em roost...

A tangle of fishing lines at the top of the tower sounds like a pain to maintain, and might be harmful for the birds as they fly into them and get tangled/hurt...

Live and let live I say...

-Tony, K1KP