[TowerTalk] MF-259B

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Mon Mar 15 09:27:56 PDT 2010

Hi Jim,

When measuring inductance with the MFJ you need to use the lowest frequency
that will give a reading. Same when measuring capacitance.

It is sort of intuitive to set it to the frequency that you are making the
coil for but that introduces too many errors, stray capacitance, inductance
etc.

I found that it compares favorably with a capacitance/inductance meter if
the MFJ is use in that manor.

73
Gary  K4FMX