[TowerTalk] My 48' Delhi -BOLTS FACING OUT? (link > pix >info)

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Wed May 12 19:31:10 PDT 2010

Mike,

Delhi bolts that I have seen are not galvanized.  I would suggest that
they are cadmium plated.  I have installed many Delhi towers and can't
recall ever having a bolt come out unexpectedly.  I prefer to place the
internal lock washer and nut on the outside of the tower leg because it
is easier to turn the nut.  One socket on the inside to hold the bolt
head and the other socket on the outside torquing the nut.  In my mind
it shouldn't make any difference whether the nut is on the outside or
inside of the leg.  It's also good practice to regularly check the
bolts/nuts for tightness.

Doug

I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.