[TowerTalk] SteppIR4 controller

scottw3tx at verizon.net scottw3tx at verizon.net
Sun Nov 7 09:58:40 PST 2010

Hello all,
We are out here on a mountain remoting  three steppIR controllers.  Two of
the controllers (controllers 1 and 2) will "frequency follow" the IC7800 via
the CT-17 level converter.  One of the controllers (controller 3) will not
always "frequency follow" the IC7800 via the CT-17.
Controller 3's "Option Menu" is set to follow, and it is in "General Mode".
We have verified that the RS232 cable works on controller 1 and 2.
If controller 3 has been unplugged a while, and we start it up, it will
frequency follow for about three minutes, SOMETIMES.
It is grounded.
Yet, comparing the three controllers I have found varying degrees of ground
continuity between RS232 board, the DB9 connector ground, the DB25 connector
ground, and the ground lug.
Any ideas other than getting a new controller via Fedex Next Day Air?
73, Scott

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======