[TowerTalk] OT ?? - Manual tuners

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Nov 26 20:57:55 PST 2010

On 11/26/2010 12:35 PM, Jim Miller KG0KP wrote:
> Settings, Not brand comparisons; (Dentron MT3000A, but that is not the
> question)
>
> If I am able to match my exciter to the antenna via a setting of ---
>
> #1.  "0-J-0" (Both dials fully to the left)
> and also at
> #2.  "35-K-50" (Left dials set at 35 (of 100 on top half of dial) and right
> dial set at 50)
>
> with virtually the same (each completely acceptable) SWR resulting,
>
> WHICH is the most efficient ????
>
> A: Which should I be trying to match for the highest efficiency, using the
> most capacitance or least capacitance?
> B: Does the inductor setting have more effect on efficiency than the
> capacitance?

This should be covered in the manual. I know it is in the Palstar AT5K,
but I don't happen to have the manual at had at the moment.  I'll try
and dig it out when I go back out.   I've logged the settings for each
antenna on each band  so it's a relatively quick set up. OTOH as I now
have most of the antennas down I'll need to redo the logging when the
new antennas go back up.

If my memory holds until I get back out there...and then back in, I'll
post their comments...unless some one else beats me to it.

73

Roger (K8RI)