[TowerTalk] OT ?? - Manual tuners

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Nov 27 14:22:19 PST 2010

On 11/26/2010 11:57 PM, Roger (K8RI) wrote:

> On 11/26/2010 12:35 PM, Jim Miller KG0KP wrote:
>> Settings, Not brand comparisons; (Dentron MT3000A, but that is not the
>> question)
>>
>> If I am able to match my exciter to the antenna via a setting of ---
>>
>> #1.  "0-J-0" (Both dials fully to the left)
>> and also at
>> #2.  "35-K-50" (Left dials set at 35 (of 100 on top half of dial) and right
>> dial set at 50)
>>
>> with virtually the same (each completely acceptable) SWR resulting,
>>
>> WHICH is the most efficient ????
Sorry it took me a day to get this and I see you've received several
answers already.

There should be at least some difference in SWR and or output.
The SWR is straight forward, if the SWR is the same then pick the
setting that gives the highest forward power.  If that too is the same
then pick the setting that has the "largest output capacitance"
according to the my manual.

73

Roger (K8RI)