[TowerTalk] Remote control of elevation/lowering

Bill NY9H ny9h at arrl.net
Thu Oct 14 12:46:03 PDT 2010

i have a shack camera to watch my  tower, but i keep the control out
back by a door so I can actually hear the motor drive...  i really
want to know that it sounds right as it goes up or down

The concept of a dropout really for power loss is a great idea,,,,
...and maybe set it to go down  if power is lost ,,,,,

especially if when I get the WX station hooked up to the tower remote
( 35mph auto drop)

always use some delay relays to control,,,as was pointed out earlier
this year...
you always want a 2-3 second delay to make certain the motor is
stopped before you tell it to go up or down.....as you are swapping
the LIMIT SWITCHES when you flip that switch....

bill /3