[TowerTalk] FW: Divining rods

Ryan Jairam rjairam at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 10:58:01 PDT 2010

Sure. That's an easy one.  NO one knows for sure what makes divining
rods "work" if they do at all.

In other words, what do they measure? Are they affected by gravity,
the Earth's magnetic field, or are they simply a measure of our
senses?

They could very well be a primitive sort of measuring device that
measures human reaction to the environment, such as what a polygraph
does. Except in this case that it won't be a "poly" graph. In this
case the divining rod would be most effective when handheld.

Ryan, N2RJ

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Andy <ai.egrps at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There are some things that baffle even the highest of IQs
>
>> Could be the same for divining rods.
>
> OK, I'll go along with that.
>
> But the thing I can't figure out, is why we don't have water detectors
> at my local hardware store, which take the divining rod concept and
> put it in a self-contained unit that doesn't require human hands.
>
> If they are really not controlled by the human that is holding them,
> conscious or otherwise, then it should be a simple matter to package
> them in a rigid device, perhaps with some sort of leveling system or a
> bubble level, and remove the uncertainties that come from something
> hand-held.
>
> Then we could all use them to find water that way.  Right?
>
> Then as someone else noted, we would also tell where NOT to dig to put
> in that tower base.
>
> Or use them to find buried pipes or cables, if they work for that too.
>
> Andy

Ryan A. Jairam,