[TowerTalk] Tower Permitting

Clint Talmadge W5CPT w5cpt at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 25 12:49:13 PDT 2010

I stayed out of this when the first poster offered his opinion and when the
second took offense at some hidden meaning in the first post and turned it
partisan, but the last has taken a tack that veers sharply from the thread.
Any ham that has CC&Rs has no one to blame other than themselves.  At every
decision point, everyone makes compromises.  If the esthetics of a Ham
Antenna outweigh the efficiency of the same antenna, then performance will
suffer.  All the excuses, "My wife doesn't like it", "It is too far to
commute from somewhere I can put up a tower", and all the rest are
justifications for the choice YOU made.  Do not blame: builders, real estate
agents, County Clerks, Local Officials or anyone else for a choice YOU made.
Make your choice, make the best of it and live with that choice.

Clint - W5CPT - Far West Kentucky