[TowerTalk] Friction enhancing spray

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 30 16:09:25 PDT 2010

A problem can occur with new ropes that have residual weaving/spinning
lubricants in them.  This can be washed out.  A lot also depends on the
rope material, construction, hardness of the lay, etc.

Sailboat winches for rope have a surface roughness far in excess of what
you can do with even 60 grit sandpaper.  Try to use four full turns when
tailing, if they will release.

Grant  KZ1W