[TowerTalk] Modeling over ground was: Re: H frame for 10 or 15m

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Aug 16 08:55:00 PDT 2011

On 8/16/2011 7:35 AM, Pete Smith wrote:
> For example, if I model against
> ground, and put the antennas at heights of 50 and 100 feet, my 14 MHz
> vertical pattern is very broad and clean, with no second lobe below 35
> degrees or so.

Don't forget that all of this can be QUITE dependent on the terrain in
the region up to at least five miles from your antenna.  N6BV's HFTA
software allows us to model this, using data readily available on the
internet.  That software comes with the ARRL Antenna Book, and is worth
the cost of the book.

73, Jim Brown K9YC