[TowerTalk] N2JFS Tower Comments

Wilson Lamb infomet at embarqmail.com
Thu Aug 25 05:19:46 PDT 2011

Great!  Where's the beam?
What kind of winch did you use?
If there's a weak point, it's the bottom slab.
Beware of electrolysis at the ground clamps.
I don't like the screws in the clamps.  You can't get them really
tight...I've changed some to hexhead bolts.
You have enough screws to crack it easily.
Fortunately, if the slab cracks you'll have a pinned base and stresses will
be reduced.
Unfortunately, if one leg cracks out, the others will get more load.
I think keeping the guys fairly tight will limit bending and cracking, I
think.
Maybe some real engineers will chime in.
Wilson
W4BOH

Message: 8