[TowerTalk] cushcraft D3W

Bill Feissner ai3q at pa.metrocast.net
Thu Dec 1 12:10:22 PST 2011

What kind of opinion s there about mounting a D3W 5 feet under a 402cd. The 402cd is about 5 feet above the top of the tower and can't go any higher. I can mount the D3W paralell to the elements or run it with the boom. I know a yagi would be better but I am out of tower space except for this area. I did at one time have a 40 rotatible dipole under a 5 el tribander running with the boom about 7 feet below it with no ill effects...any thoughts on this. thanks
Bill, AI3Q