[TowerTalk] Cost effective Tower height

Wayne Crawford resopkr at aol.com
Fri Dec 2 08:41:10 PST 2011

Greetings,

One of the parameters mentioned here has been towers on flat ground. What effect does unlevel ground/elevation have on this? I live in the Mtn.s of VA. My elevation is appox. 1400 ft and I live on top of a ridge that has a clear 360 degree view of the area. There are some ridges in view that are above my elevation but they are far enough away that they should not be a factor.  I am in the process of installing a 72ft free standing (US tower TX-472) crank up with a 10 ft mast. Antenna will be a multiband Hex 20m-6m. The only close obsticle (Across the road from my tower) is a Water tank that is 32ft high.

Thoughts? Advice?

Wayne C.
WV4L