[TowerTalk] Force12 rivets

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Sat Feb 19 04:38:42 PST 2011

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:37:52 -0500
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force12 rivets

The Force 12 rivets are not your standard rivet.  They use a special kind as
I recall.  I had an XR5 here and though they may be available from some
other outlets, I ordered a bag of 100 from F12 back then.
-- Mike

##  They are closed end rivets..available at mcmaster carr..and also our local industrial  supply place here in town....
...at  1/2 the price  from F-12....and are identical.   They have steel mandrels.    These closed end types  are designed
for the purpose of preventing liquids  from leaking through the rivets.  The ones used with tubing  are slightly domed on top.

## These closed end rivets are solid AL.    You can also get em in solid SS,,and also plane steel.   You can also get em with AL mandrels.

##  These closed end rivets are not the same as what u see on aircraft...but are plenty good enough for ants.

Jim