[TowerTalk] 40m yagi over Steppir

Paul Saville ephemeral.z9xf at zl3in.net
Tue Jan 25 12:07:26 PST 2011

If you put the two beams parallel, with the Steppir below the 40m beam
at the correct spacing for the Steppir to act as a 40m reflector
element, then you could control the elevation angle of radiation from
the 40m beam. With the Steppir tuned to 6m or 10m, there would be
minimal interaction, so the 40m beam would radiate in low-angle DX mode.
With the Steppir tuned to 40m, it would act as a reflector, causing the
40m beam to radiate in more of an NVIS pattern, for working local stations.

Paul ZL3IN