[TowerTalk] DX Engineering DXE400MAX Cable?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jul 22 11:54:26 PDT 2011

On 7/22/2011 5:28 AM, Mark Robinson wrote:
> I would call DX Engineering and ask them who makes their DXE cable for them
> and how it compares to the Davis equivalent.

YES.  Also, there is NO good reason for a foil shield at HF, and several
authorities have noted long term aging issues with contact between the
braid and foil.  W2VJN noted this in the latest edition of his excellent
book on Managing Interstation Interference with respect to the stability
of stubs made with LMR400.

I suggest that you study my tutorial on Coax and Stubs.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/Coax-Stubs.pdf

IMO, the Davis stuff hits the sweet spot for HF operation, based on
performance specs and cost.

73, Jim K9YC