[TowerTalk] Rebuilding a TH-3, advice sought.

Chet chetmoore at cox.net
Sat Jul 23 15:31:05 PDT 2011

Buy the rebuild kit which comes with all new hardware, trap covers, clamps
etc.  I think the kit was 39 bux when I purchased it about 6 years ago.   I
used scotch brite to buff up the elements but if I were to do it again, I
would consider steel wool on an electric drill. Sounds like you don't need
the  end caps so maybe you can buy the hardware kit without the traps.  I
put mine up as a mult antenna on a 50 foot rocket launcher.  Even using the
original hygain balun which is  only rated at 1 KW,  mine worked fine at the
full 1500 watt before some one pointed out that it was only rated for 1000
W.  I only used it on the cw weekend in the cw bands, its cut for the  cw
band so
The swr was as advertised.  With high swr, it might have been a different
story.  Next time it goes up I will use one of the force 12  B-1 baluns.

73

Chet N4fX