[TowerTalk] Mast Material

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 15:13:24 PST 2011

In a message dated 3/9/2011 2:59:24 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  Wow,? I just ran some numbers thru this online utility,  and the results
vary wildly from the older ARRL Antenna Mast Analyisis Excel  sheet I found
online a year or so ago.

>  Can anyone tell me  the correct stress PSI of the US Tower M20R
reinforced mast?? I would like to  know the true ratings of this mast I have in use
here at the moment.?

The figure you want to know  is the yield strength. For that, you need to
know the material of the mast. I  don't know what it is. I think the
reinforced mast has an inner, shorter mast to  beef up the bottom which is where it
would bend.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH