[TowerTalk] Rotator mast mount

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue May 3 05:12:28 PDT 2011

In a message dated 4/29/2011 4:50:10 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  Anyone have any recommendations for mounting a Ham IV atop a  2" mast
section.    I'm building a standoff mount on one of my  towers for a 3 element
SteppIR.   I've got some 2" angle iron that  I'm going to bolt in place of
2 sets of steps on my AB-105 tower.    This will allow for about a 4' piece
of mast held about 10-12" from the  tower.

>  Now I just need to track down a mount  for the Ham IV.   I should get
about 100 degrees or so of  azimuth.   Together with the 180 feature of the
SteppIR it should do  the trick for JA/CA mults and for keeping the US off my
QRG when I've got the  big boys pointed at EU.

         You can either use  one of the Hy-Gain mast clamps (there's one
for the Ham IV and a huskier one for  the T2X) for mast mounting or fabricate
a flat plate.

        You just install the angle  iron on the leg and let it form an X.
Mount the flat plate on the X and you're  good to go. You might need two X's
for mast pipe mounting or just two  pieces of angle sticking out using
U-bolts to hold the pipe to the angle. You  can do just about anything with some
angle, some pipe and some U-bolts.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH