[TowerTalk] ground connection at tower base

Eric Dobrowansky K2WD k2wd at comcast.net
Thu May 12 07:20:59 PDT 2011

Good Morning.

I recently installed a US Tower HDX589.  I also installed a number of 3/4" 10ft ground rods. Then cad-welded #2 stranded copper wire to the rods. I am now trying to determine the best way to connect the #2 wire to the tower base.  In past installations, I simply drilled a hole thru the tower base steel, used a stainless bolt/nut/washer, and fastened a copper ground lug to the tower. Then stick the ground wire into the lug and tighten it.

Before I break out the drill this weekend, does anyone have a better solution?

Eric
K2CB

Eric
K2CB