[TowerTalk] Jackhammer removal of tower base difficulty?

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 19:55:39 PDT 2011

Hi Rob,

In the trades, the tool is referred to as a "demolition hammer".  They are offered in various weights... 45#, 60#, 90#.  Years ago, I had a 6'x9' concrete slab I needed to replace.  It was around 8" thick, and I rented a 60# electric demo hammer.  It took a few one hour sessions to get it done (it vibrated the bejesus out of your wrists and forearms).  It won't make much difference what the mix was.  I'm guessing you should have it done in a half hour or so.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC