[TowerTalk] Pinning mast?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Nov 7 16:46:02 PST 2011

You didn't say what kind of mast clamp you are using.  While pinning a mast
is good thing in many cases, I think you need to correct the fit of the mast
clamp before going any further.  My prop pitch has a 3" K7NV mast clamp and
my mast is 2 7/8 diameter so I purchased as 3" diameter stainless steel tube
with a 1/16 wall and made a shim out of it.  The clamp then tightened to the
mast securely.   Why won't yours shim properly?

John KK9A