[TowerTalk] STAINLESS STEEL BOLT AND ALUMINIUM ROTATOR CASINGPROBLEM.

Jim Hargrave w5ifp at gvtc.com
Sun Nov 13 17:37:34 PST 2011

John,

I have been successful in removing bolts from aluminum housings with an air
or electrical impact wrench. Just apply some penetrating oil and let it
soak, then try to remove the bolts/nuts with the impact wrench on a low
setting. The constant impact will loosen the corrosion and hopefully with
out breaking the bolt off. I have done this many times working on marine
outboard motors.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP