[TowerTalk] STAINLESS STEEL BOLT AND ALUMINIUM ROTATOR CASING PROBLEM.

JOHN POWELL powell.john at xtra.co.nz
Sun Nov 13 14:49:21 PST 2011

Hi Fellow TTers,

I recently sold to a fellow club member a KR400 Rotator that was surplus to my needs and hadn't been used for about 15 years. The electrical and mechanical systems work OK. But the problem is removing the Stainless Steel bolts holding the supplementary pipe extension clamps - they have become frozen. Any ideas how to resolve the problem will be appreciated. The rotator has been sitting in an interior environment since it's last use and having re-located our QTH the XYL is keen to park her car in the double garage, presently taken up with Ham gear, most now surplus to my needs.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions of assistance.

73
John Powell. ZL1BHQ