[TowerTalk] Guying a Universal Aluminum Tower

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Fri Nov 18 07:29:01 PST 2011

Two thoughts on that:

1.  I think that violates the prime directive...not  recommended by the
manufacturer.

2.  That constant movement back and forth eventually "eggs"  out the
openings where the tower flexes the most, causing further "egging" since  more
movement is allowed.

This has been my experience with both Heights and Universal  towers.

By the way, I did guy an old Heights tower that was 64 feet with  one set
of 3/16 guys.  Just be sure if you do this to put something between  the guy
grip and the tower (I used an old hose), otherwise galvanic action  really
tears up the aluminum.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 11/18/2011 3:22:39 P.M. Greenwich Standard Time,