[TowerTalk] Long rotor run

Ed Stallman n5dg at airmail.net
Mon Nov 21 07:56:07 PST 2011

I'm using a tail twister rotor 350 ft form the control box turning a
2 el quad, This problem reoccurs each winner when the wind blows
..Well in fact any time the wind blows .. With the wind 20 mph or
more the rotor stalls , I did use # 14 wire on the motor leads and I
have a junction box at the base of the tower were I change to regular
rotor cable going up the tower .

Heres my Question, can I put a Start or Run Capacitor in my junction
box and still leave the capacitor in the control box ? would this
help?  Another  thought was , could I replace the transformer in the
control box to a little higher voltage ?

Thanks Ed