[TowerTalk] $500 30' EZ-Tower

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue Sep 20 10:10:36 PDT 2011

In a message dated 9/20/2011 9:54:13 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I ordered my US Tower from HRO in Anaheim, CA, and it  was shipped from
the facility in Lincoln, KS to my QTH in MI a few years  back. I think
they found a trucker who was coming this way on his way home  for
Christmas anyway.

>  IAC, there's more than one way to  ship, and I would expect UST to know
more than one way even if Texas  Towers doesn't.

    UST uses one shipping technique and, as long as  I've been doing
business with them, one freight company. The company is more  of a broker,
contacting independent truckers for freight requirements. The  main advantage is
that they ship directly from the factory to the buyer with  no intermediate
handling, thus driving their freight damage claims to just  about zero.
Crank-up tower freight damage is a huge problem and that's their  workable
solution.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH