[TowerTalk] $500 30' EZ-Tower

Alan NV8A nv8a at charter.net
Tue Sep 20 14:11:22 PDT 2011

On 09/20/11 01:10 pm, K7LXC at aol.com wrote:

>>   I ordered my US Tower from HRO in Anaheim, CA, and it  was shipped from
> the facility in Lincoln, KS to my QTH in MI a few years  back. I think
> they found a trucker who was coming this way on his way home  for
> Christmas anyway.
>
>>   IAC, there's more than one way to  ship, and I would expect UST to know
> more than one way even if Texas  Towers doesn't.

>      UST uses one shipping technique and, as long as  I've been doing
> business with them, one freight company. The company is more  of a broker,
> contacting independent truckers for freight requirements. The  main advantage is
> that they ship directly from the factory to the buyer with  no intermediate
> handling, thus driving their freight damage claims to just  about zero.
> Crank-up tower freight damage is a huge problem and that's their  workable
> solution.

At the time my tower was ready for delivery they quoted me a figure
significantly higher than I had been quoted originally. When I
protested, they said something to the effect of: "Let's see if we can
find another way of doing this." The final shipping charge was much
closer to the original quote, so my impression was that they were open
to negotiation on the shipping method.

73

Alan NV8A