[TowerTalk] Replacing MAin lift cable on TX-472

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 07:26:46 PDT 2011

I need to replace the main lifting cable on my TX-472 (it is badly rusted and flattened out , the others are fine) , I can get one from UST for about $170 and 3-4 weeks. Experience tells me I should be able to get a suitable replacement cheaper and quicker , any suggestions ? Also what is the best way to restring the new cable ? I can have the tower either Vertical or Horizontal , I would assume Horiz would be easier.

any help greatly appreciated

Dan N8DCJ