[TowerTalk] Maximum Guy Radius

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Wed Sep 21 14:57:15 PDT 2011

If you engineered this tower for large loads you'd probably end up with
1/2"-5/8" guy wires. I have 190' of Rohn 80 (44" face) engineered for
four cell carriers, (48) 1-5/8" feedlines, and stacked 40 meter beams.
It's guyed at 80' and 160' with star mounts and double guys. It was
spec'd for 9/16" EHS but I elected to use 35,000 lb Philly.

-Steve K8LX