[TowerTalk] 80 meter antenna

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Thu Apr 12 09:22:42 PDT 2012

Hi All

Right now I have an 80 meter inverted 'V' up about 80 feet or so in a tree.
It seems to work OK.  The problem is, the way it is set up, the 2 ends of
the antenna are only about 30 feet apart, kind of like a V-beam.

Is there a way to orient it different that would work better.

I could set it up as an inverted 'L' and feed it in the center, or as a
'C', with the center part vertical and the ends horizontal.  Would any of
these be better than what I have now.

Main interests on 80 meters are contesting and working DX.

No modeling software here.  Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY