[TowerTalk] Anchor bolts for LM470

Mike Baker k7dd at cox.net
Sun Apr 15 22:19:35 PDT 2012

It is not necessary to coat the anchor bolts with anything.
When the steel is encased in concrete it cuts of the supply of Oxygen so it
doesn't rust. If steel rusted inside concrete you would have to galvanize
rebar.
Use of an extension type concrete vibrator while doing the pour will spread
it out and settle any air pockets out of it.  If you just place the vibrator
on the side or top of the bolt when installed for a few seconds it will
settle the mix around the bolt quite nicely and keep out the air pockets.
That is a worse case scenario.

Mike Baker  K7DD
K7dd at cox.net
All QSO's are uploaded to LOTW and EQSL.